The Life Ministry Coordinator (LMC)
Programme of Lutherans for Life-Canada
What is the LMC Programme?
The Life Ministry Coordinator (LMC) programme envisions one or several individuals in a local congregation for service as Christian witnesses and citizens on life and family issues. LMC’s are individuals who desire to keep their fellow members informed on life issues from a biblical perspective. Our goal is to have at least one active Life Ministry Coordinator in every Lutheran congregation in Canada.
Note: When a person registers to be a Life Ministry Coordinator, that person will be added to the LFL-C mailing list and he/she will begin to receive a free copy of LifeDate – a quarterly journal of life issue news and commentary from the Lutherans for Life – USA.
Who Me? An LMC?
What does an LMC do?
The LMC, along with the counsel of their pastor, elders, or other church leaders, decides how he/she will operate within the local congregation. However, some of the proposed goals of the Life Ministry Coordinator may include the following:
- Learn as much as possible about life issues on abortion, euthanasia, post-abortion healing, chastity, etc.
- Educate others about the life issues through “mission-minded” not “meeting minded” activities.
- Plan Life Sunday activities or other projects to educate the local congregation about the sanctity of human life.
- Help develop and promote the activities of a local LFL chapter in your local community.
- Provide timely pro-life information to the pastor, leadership and membership of the congregation.
- Coordinate activities and projects in the local congregation such as forums, films, workshops, Bible studies, etc.
- Work with local, regional/provincial and national LFL and/or other pro-life organizations on projects of mutual interest.
If you would more information concerning Lutherans for Life – Canada please contact:
Rev. Richard Juritsch, President