Lutherans for Life-Canada (LFL-C) is a pro-life, pro-family ministry whose mission is to “witness to the sanctity of human life through education based on the Word of God.” The vision of LFL-C is to be a biblical, pro-life voice and resource to Lutherans, and through them, transform society.
Through local chapters and Life Ministry Coordinators, LFL-C educates on life issues from a biblical law/gospel perspective through LFL produced videos, publications, audio tapes and materials for worship and Bible study. LFL-C believes that every human life – from conception to natural death, regardless of physical or mental challenges or condition of dependence – is precious in God’s sight.
Lutherans for Life organization, based in the United States, provides many educational resources:
- LifeDate, a free quarterly journal featuring news and commentary on life issues such as abortion and the alternatives, chastity, euthanasia, and bio-ethics.
- Living, a “coffee-table” publication offering thoughtful pro-life perspective through personal stories, informational articles and Bible study.
- Bible studies, resource manuals and curricula on a variety of life issues.
- An annual national convention featuring renown speakers, motivational workshops, opportunity for Christian fellowship and encouragement for education and service.
- Conferences, seminars and rallies for youth, parents, church workers, teachers, counselors and clergy.
LFL-C members serve as volunteers in caring pregnancy centres, facilitate educational programs, aid hospice and give witness to chastity before marriage and faithfulness in marriage.
LFL-C is a not-for-profit organization registered with Industry Canada/Corporations Canada. LFL-C is currently applying for charitable status. LFL-C strives to network pastors and lay people to make a positive difference in people’s lives. By the power of the Holy Spirit, LFL-C seeks to change hearts and minds through the Word of God, trusting that changed people will seek to change laws.
LFL-C encourages your membership, asks your support and invites your prayers. Our prayer is that together – in our churches and communities – we stand for the value and dignity of human life from the youngest to the oldest, the pre-born to the elderly, the weakest to the strongest. Jesus said, “Whatever you have done to the least of these, you have done unto Me.” May we see the face of Jesus Christ in all people.