The Life Ministry Coordinator (LMC)
Program of Lutherans for Life-Canada
What is the LMC Program?
The Life Ministry Coordinator (LMC) program envisions one or several individuals in a local congregation for service as Christian witnesses and citizens on life and family issues. LMC’s are individuals who desire to keep their fellow congregational members informed on life issues from a biblical perspective. Our goal is to have at least one active Life Ministry Coordinator in every Lutheran congregation in Canada.
Who Me? An LMC?
LFL-C is looking for members willing to give a few hours each year in representing and promoting life issues who are located in congregations from across Canada.
What does an LMC do?
The LMC promotes Pro-Life among their local congregation in conjunction with the counsel of their pastor, elders, or other church leaders, and determines and decides the level at which he/she will operate within the local congregation. The LMC can be as engaged as they choose to be, the more interaction, the better. Think of the LMC as an entrepreneur who is linked to facilities and coordinators from LFL-C and who can provide assistance and help. Some of the proposed goals would include:
- Learn as much as possible about life issues on abortion, euthanasia, post-abortion healing, chastity, etcetera.
- Educate others about life issues through “mission-minded”, not “meeting-minded” activities.
- Plan Life Sunday activities or other projects to educate your local congregation about the sanctity of human life.
- Help develop and promote the activities of a local LFL-C chapter in your local community.
- Provide timely Pro-Life information to the pastor, church leadership and membership of the congregation.
- Coordinate activities and projects in your local congregation such as forums, films, workshops, Bible studies, etcetera.
- Work with local, regional/provincial and national LFL-C and/or other Pro-Life organizations on projects of mutual interest.
We would be pleased to discuss any questions you may have. Please contact:
Rev. Richard Juritsch, President