The Life Ministry Coordinator (LMC)
Programme of Lutherans for Life-Canada
What is the LMC Programme?
The Life Ministry Coordinator (LMC) programme envisions one or several individuals in a local congregation for service as Christian witnesses and citizens on life and family issues. LMC’s are individuals who desire to keep their fellow congregational members informed on life issues from a biblical perspective. Our goal is to have at least one active Life Ministry Coordinator in every Lutheran congregation in Canada.
Note: When a person registers to be a Life Ministry Coordinator, that person will be added to the LFL-C mailing list and he/she will begin to receive a free copy of LifeDate – a quarterly journal of life issue news and commentary from the Lutherans for Life – USA.
Who Me? An LMC?
LFL-C is looking for members willing to give a few hours each year in representing and promoting life issues who are located in congregations from across Canada.
What does an LMC do?
The LMC, along with the counsel of their pastor, elders, or other church leaders, decides how he/she will operate within the local congregation. However, some of the proposed goals of the Life Ministry Coordinator may include the following:
- Learn as much as possible about life issues on abortion, euthanasia, post-abortion healing, chastity, etcetera.
- Educate others about life issues through “mission-minded” not “meeting minded” activities.
- Plan Life Sunday activities or other projects to educate the local congregation about the sanctity of human life.
- Help develop and promote the activities of a local LFL chapter in your local community.
- Provide timely pro-life information to the pastor, leadership and membership of the congregation.
- Coordinate activities and projects in the local congregation such as forums, films, workshops, Bible studies, etcetera.
- Work with local, regional/provincial and national LFL and/or other pro-life organizations on projects of mutual interest.
To obtain more information concerning Lutherans for Life – Canada, please contact:
Rev. Richard Juritsch, President